Introducing On Research — a blog for Age Concern New Zealand
Let me introduce a blog written by my friend Professor Judith Davey, On Research. She writes this for Age Concern in New Zealand, who have “a passion to see older people experience well-being, respect, dignity, and be included and valued.”
Here’s a link to her latest article:
University Study in Retirement — Choices and Balance
If your own interests overlap with Judith’s area of expertise, please explore her blog and hey, how about leaving a comment?
6 reasons for reading this particular blog about ageing
- On Research is read by distinguished people worldwide: they quote from it!
- You can trust the information to be strictly true and correct. Now that’s a little bit unusual.
- You’ll read case histories and stories, but they won’t be random. They’ll be in context and they’ll illustrate broad truths.
- You can comment, share your own experience and give her feedback. You’re good at that! The blog has readers but Judith never knows what they’re thinking, and it’s lonely.
- The writing is easy to read and easy to understand. That’s a gift, especially when it comes to research.
- We need this information. In the wider world we’re choking on truckloads of instant research results, true and false. Judith is the calm compassionate voice of reason.
Her entire article is reposted below and I cannot remove it. I reckon you’ll be better off just going straight to her blog:
2 thoughts on “Introducing On Research — a blog for Age Concern New Zealand”
I have just left a comment about my own year of retirement study on Professor Davey’s blog. Great to read it so I am now following her blog.
I am glad. That’s terrific!