I am excited and honoured to have been chosen as one of the writers in residence at Yeonhui Art Space in Seoul for the month of September. Everything about this residency gives me such a buzz.
- The programme is part of the Seoul Foundation for Arts and Culture, a well organised government body
- The buildings look charming and so does the setting
- The thought of a whole month in which writing comes first thrills me top to toe
- Everyone says the people of Korea are super friendly
- I’m sure to be involved in some literary events
- It’s in Seoul! My first visit to a legendary city! In autumn!
- I will have time to explore the city including the famous flea markets and temples and daytime discos for old people.
Enough bullet points already! I know there will be problems, starting with my ignorance of the language, and my arrival late at night. But hey.
My mother Celia was keen on adventures for everyone: she died many years ago, but I can sense her gleefully egging me on, and it gives me extra pleasure to imagine her coming along for the ride.
Much more about this delicious writers’ residency on the website of Seoul Foundation for Arts and Culture.